Sign in to follow this  
unknown1138

MAGE MANA SHIELD

Well as the title says,

Mage should have mana shield.

They shouldn't have to hunt frost dragons to get energy rings or buy energy rings.

For example; I'm level 59 with 440hp and 1840 mana (with attribute boost), and I have to kill frost dragons, which can deal more than 440hp damage to me, so this really limits the monsters that mages can kill, and this is a pretty big priority for mages as I can't go and complete more missions or level on better monsters than gs/dragon lord/ice golem/wyrm.

So mage's have no right to solo stronger monsters, but warriors and rangers do?

Sorry but I think this is quite unfair, and it ruins the fun if you can't solo stronger monsters.

It would make more sense if you have to team for bosses or demons or something, but it isn't really fair that only mages can't solo these stronger monsters.

rangers and mages are overpowered right now. You can't advocate MS on mages based on their performances nowadays.

I actually like the fact that there is no manashield, it forces teamplay, which is good. If anything, energy rings should be removed, because as soon as you can get ur hands on one as a mage (guess what, some ppl have backpacks of them), then you basically steamroll anything just like knights and rangers.

I remember when I started this OT, having only defensive line and duoing with a mage friend, that was kinda fun. Now if he had access to MS, he would have been able to do anything without me. And now that I have all the spell lines I have, I'm able to do anything without him, sadly.

No manashield is great, mages are meant to be squishy. I remember when I was lvl 53, and I had the frost dragon mission. Pyrale who was a defensive warrior blocked all 3 for me :) Since I got pretty much oneshotted myself. I am now 83 and I still die to frost drags once in a while. So a tanker is required without manashield which increases the rpg feeling. Besides it ain't fun playing alone.

@Unknown666 a low lvl mage 30-40 are not supposed to be able to kill a (example) dragon lord without a grand waste. This server kind of forces teamplay for the stronger monsters, such as Behemoths, DL's, and FDrags. Sure, a warrior/ranger can solo these stronger monsters tons of levels before a mage can, but a 60 warrior has to pop loads of healings / manas to get by due to their opponents sturdiness. Since they're left without a damage dealer.

This will all get balanced. Looking forward to teamhunt some.

@Unknown666 a low lvl mage 30-40 are not supposed to be able to kill a (example) dragon lord without a grand waste. This server kind of forces teamplay for the stronger monsters, such as Behemoths, DL's, and FDrags. Sure, a warrior/ranger can solo these stronger monsters tons of levels before a mage can, but a 60 warrior has to pop loads of healings / manas to get by due to their opponents sturdiness. Since they're left without a damage dealer.

This will all get balanced. Looking forward to teamhunt some.

I know that lvl 30-40 mages aren't supposed to, but I guess a level 60 should be able to though.

@pyrale

Well they are overpowered right now, yes, that is why the new patch kind of worries me since it says that knights will be boosted greatly, like they aren't good right now. also a level 160EK i.e. could easily have 60 mlvl, which is also unfair.

And energy rings shouldn't be removed and manashield should e implented, so we can have same capabilities as Knights & Paladin, since knights get even boosted greater next patch.

yeah well, if knights have ML9001 and no spell to support it, they will be pretty much screwed. I can't discuss it more because I don't know what will be in the patch, and what won't. However, I doubt that this has a link to manashield ;) .

I also advocated the 1-vocation thingy when I talked with Moist, but seems like it involved too much job aswell as still raising the issue of high-HP/damage/heal characters.

just so u guys well know..there is a way to get mana shield without casting it as a spell...get a ring dropped simply...the ring last 30 minutes as i remmber..and its fast dropped ... although of course there should be a mana shield casting spell of mage...but for now untill Moist or the new patch if it well come...u can get it dropped from a dragon frost..i have like 5...

Other players will for sure sell the energy rings...And with them, a mage can run around casting his AoE spell everywhere and get easily high level...

Like I got fusion (rank 1 shock AoE), and 3 hit frost dragons with that... I am a ranger, so I got less magic level, which means mages should have a easier time if they are able to use haste in order to remove the paralyzis...

Mages already get 35 mana per level here and can have +mp stats on their eq, so by level 100 you will have 4000 mana and with this mana you can kill entire spawns, since you are not afraight of dying because of your high mana... aye.

Think about it in perspective of WHY they hunt those monsters. Because they are told to. There is no variety. It's all the same.

Task NPC: Do this

Player: Okay

Task NPC: Now do this

Task NPC: Now try this one

It's like Need For Speed versus Nascar

Free roam ability versus 100% set storyline

A player should have more option at all points of their game and each player's game should be a little different than the last or next person to play. Sure you can go to those higher spawns anytime in some cases, but it would only be remotely useful if you're taking that task, which you can't always do.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Privacy Policy