Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonic Archer

Az Spr (My Spr)

67 posts in this topic

It still doesn't look crystalline, just like it was glued together.

Looks pretty cool!

you should definitly check an AA tutorial your attempts at spriting are oke but for those smaller items it dosn't work out that well imo.

to help you out;

First fix an outline ( not to small/narrow becouse you won't have space to add details )

second: add in details with another color just the outline ( red for example but if your item will be red use another color instead)

third: start with a basic color for example that icesword thing you made get some blue not to dark and not to light just in between mat blue

then pick a darker blue(not black alike blue) and a lighter blue but not white

determen where the light come's from then start adding shadow you can best do this by first adding a some what darker color then the one you used to fill the sprite with

don't make it to hard this can be done later on if needed.

Now that you added the shadows add in some highligts you can find some tuts on these things i'm sure.

i hope this helps tho maybe you already knew this ;)

you should definitly check an AA tutorial your attempts at spriting are oke but for those smaller items it dosn't work out that well imo.

to help you out;

First fix an outline ( not to small/narrow becouse you won't have space to add details )

second: add in details with another color just the outline ( red for example but if your item will be red use another color instead)

third: start with a basic color for example that icesword thing you made get some blue not to dark and not to light just in between mat blue

then pick a darker blue(not black alike blue) and a lighter blue but not white

determen where the light come's from then start adding shadow you can best do this by first adding a some what darker color then the one you used to fill the sprite with

don't make it to hard this can be done later on if needed.

Now that you added the shadows add in some highligts you can find some tuts on these things i'm sure.

i hope this helps tho maybe you already knew this ;)

I appriciate that you try but.. makes me sound like a complete newbie lol :P

I won't be making too many new sprites right now as I've been busy lately :S The newer ones will be of more quality as I won't hurry to finish them :)

hehe yes i know what you mean and no your not a newbie well you got better sprites the most put on otfans who definitly not put any time and effort in there stuff :P

but i hope it will help you a bit i know you already know alot else you couln't make such things but i'm sure you can get better with practise

I absolutely love the gold fish shield! Very nice. The shading works very well and you can tell that you aren't a beginner. . I wish I was half as good as you. Keep up the inspiring work.

Yours,

Kes

I absolutely love the gold fish shield! Very nice. The shading works very well and you can tell that you aren't a beginner. . I wish I was half as good as you. Keep up the inspiring work.

Yours,

Kes

Thank you for the kind words Kes :) Is there anything you want me to try and make? Anyways thanks again kind sir! :D

Fuck the rest, love all of your sprites 'xept the Icy Shield and the "Royal Shield"!

I love the enthusiastic comment! Thank you! I gotta start producin them sprites soon :P

Use less saturated colours and try to AA, also your shield is dealing with lots of pillowshading, which isn't good at all.

Tried something less colourful but I think I went overboard with the reflecting light xD gotta fix it some day x)

Here's something new. A cross meant to be put on church roofs or maybe haunted houses to make them look.. scary ;D

cross.png

Edited by Demonic Archer