Sign in to follow this  
Mannen med brillorna

The Heart of All Evil - teaser

For signup, please go here

This server contains one place; one objective to fulfill; one quest to undertake. It will be open for preselected persons at predetermined dates and times. Those of you who deem themselves suitable to embark on this quest will have the opportunity to apply for certain dates when you together with a team will login and try to worm your way through this maze of challenges.

James Gireoux, your king, is lying on his death bed. Doctors deem his heart disease uncurable, magicians stand powerless, and already the realm has began mourning the inevitable passing of their king.

But a man steps forward, claiming to have had a vision. He says that in this revelation he saw an ancient beast; a creature so gruesome and grotesque its like has never been seen before. He also says that this creature's magical heart can replace that of James', and thereby cure him.

Those who hear word of this peculiar prophecy laughingly discard it as lie and vagary. But some men, those who so desperately crave the leadership of their king, step forward and vow to seek this creature out, to kill it and dissect its heart, and finally to bring it back to James. These people are you.

So a journey begins, where in savage lands a place of ancient-old evil is navigated.

ent.png

In grottos so old and dark that the world itself has forgotten them you will have to descend in order to find out whether your last hope of saving James Gireoux is naught but superstition, or if it actually withholds truth.

59751718.png

You will notice that the creatures who dwell in these cavities are merely marionettes under a terrible dark force. Forced to the bidding of their master, they confront you with the blackest of magic and foulest of tricks.

31836668.png

Sealing shut the entrance that leads to your final goal are four guardians, controlling their own little realms. In time, you will learn that these guardians are not like anything you ever faced before, and in the end, you will realize you are playing a wicked game and that you are just pawns in the twisted pastime of a horrendous puppeteer, just like every other creature around you in the citadel that threatens to become your tomb.

pits.png

For your entertainment,

MmB

Forbidden

Me again

Edited by Mannen med brillorna

hes mmb? thought he was like the best mapper ever, it isnt bad but it looks just normal

Believe me, you'll enjoy playing his maps more than any other maps in the OTworld ;)

hes mmb? thought he was like the best mapper ever, it isnt bad but it looks just normal

You are right. The mapping is rather ordinary and not much special. However, combine it with many of the unique encounters and scripts, you surely you will be entertained.

Unless you keep dieing and throw your computer straight of the window. But on the other hand, that is entertaining for the rest of us. ;)

actually, i think this sucks... really boring mapping

like no details at all

If you say so, but then again, the standards regarding what a detailed map ought to contain has increased so drastically over the last year that playing a server which lives up to these standards would be highly uncomfortable, very tiresome, monotonous and in the end far less playable than anything OT offered a year ago.

This particular server, which I in no aspect deem overdetailed, has a purpose, one which I think will surprise you; namely that of entertaining, not displaying perfection and show off.

If you wish to saunter about in beautiful and extremely detailed maps, then go ahead and find one of those. You'll have a hard time, I know of few that actually make it to the grand opening, because people lack the patience to finish up.

On the other hand, if you seek to play, then welcome to me.

I disagree with you, Stifler. What MMB, Me Again and Forbidden maps looks way better than what for example Neon or Chauz maps.

Perfect mapping! I'm looking forward to solving the quest!

I read that not everyone will have access to the server. How will you select the people that may log in?

You never fail to amaze. I really love the simple, clean maps you guys creates. It's inspiring to see, it really is. Also I'd like to welcome you guys back :)

Looks good, the one thing that irks me is the use of the blue teleporter in the first screen as if it was just placed there for convenience, I'm not sure if that is because you have cut out other details referring to the teleporter, but just seems lazy.