Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelco

project chredmore

125 posts in this topic

hello all some of you might have seen the thread in sprite request but i am going to get it here,

goals:

1)make sprite's

2)get them ingame

3)get an own client

4)start were tibia started 10 years ago.

overal.png

Restarted the project:

still at step 1.

Requesting:

Character

Maybe some monsters, will have to see about it.

Tips/tricks from someone with a custom server.

thx for watching and please leave a nice comment.

~Eelco

Edited by eelco

@Everyone

If you want to know how to make a game it is done exactly how he is doing it. Little baby steps are the only way to get anything of this magnitude done with any reasonable chances of success.

I support you 100% and feel that your project has a better chance at success than any other. If you need any help please PM me and I will see what I can do.

P.S. I mentioned it in the other thread but maybe you should consider keeping your sprites very simplistic. It gives a very unique look, saves on work, allows more custom sprites, and just looks bad ass :)

Keep it up I'm rooting for you :)

Pretty nice really. :)

My only question is, since you're starting from scratch, why aren't you submitting these to the public sprite file.

Might as well help everyone as you help yourself...

I knew you were using the tibia sprites as template, or only as ideas to u... but your elf has the same hand, head, hair and foot from tibia's.

Even though your sprites in the first thread look like Tibias, they have your own style, we could say it was 100% done by you... now this elf looks completely out! You've only made the body. I think you should try to come up with some own monster style (^.^)!

(Yeah know monsters are hard from scratch :)

I like when the sprs aren't shaded that much(Bright colors), Just some base color, It looks very nice and it's sharp!