In your browser: http://184.108.40.206
Controls: WASD to move, ESC to chat, click stuff to use it/attack it.
Like many of you, I've been getting increasingly frustrated with Cip's updates every year. I quit for good when they made players walkable, and removed luring/roping.
Rather than starting an OT using existing tools, I decided to build a 100% custom game from the ground up. Custom GFX, +SFX, custom browser-based client, custom node.js server.
Recently it's gotten to a "presentable" level.. mind you the game play is far from complete. This is like pre-pre-pre-pre- *deep breath* pre-alpha.
The server has been known to crash now and then.. as more ppl come in and do stuff I haven't tested 100%, it can go down every few mins until we fix the issue. But that's the whole purpose of this!!
This post is intended to gather interest around the project. I am looking for people interested in contributing to this 100% custom game project that is heavily inspired by Tibia, but not based on it. Wanna be a GM/mod/artist/mapper?
Some planned gameplay features:
- Building houses from mined resources and spawn soldiers to defend your house (or castle) (or mansion..) ... (or empire...) ..moving on....
- Drop everything upon death - harsh penalty, so don't slip and fall and die. PVP = kill em and take all their itenz.
- Bitcoin deposit/withdrawals - gold = bitcoins, bitcoins = gold. If you find gold, you can trade it, or you can withdraw it.
- No classes, No exp - centered around useful item hoarding & trading. Considering skill levels that enhance item effectiveness.
- Open pvp, no enforcement. Up to players to decide what's fair.
- Thinking of giving anyone ability to submit sprites for items, outfits, and effect animations to yield a collaborative, social, and creative game world.
Thanks for playing.